Weight Loss Recipe: Oven Fried Chicken
Enjoy the sensation of fried chicken without the extra calories of deep frying. This recipe is sensational either hot or cold and is great for taking to work to avoid the unwanted 'canteen calories'. Oven fried chicken is an excellent choice for those for those wanting to lose or maintain their weight.
Long term weight loss isn't about hunger, misery and crash dieting. It's a whole new way of learning to prepare nutritious food that your body needs and enjoys. We've selected a range of hunger fighting, low fat recipes to assist you keep your weight under control. These irresistible, no-hassle meals will help you reach your weight-loss goals - while making mealtime a real treat.
Variety is an essential element of any successful health program. If you get bored with foods, you're much more likely to abandon your program altogether. Each main meal should be accompanied by an exciting range of colorful vegetables.
Oven-Fried Chicken (serves two)
Vegetable oil spray
1 cup high fiber breakfast cereal
2 teaspoons 33% reduced sodium chicken bouillon
1 tablespoon very low sodium chicken bouillon
black pepper to taste
chili powder to taste
1 teaspoon canola oil
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
8 oz or 250g skinless chicken breast
1. Preheat over to 180C (350F). Coat a cookie sheet with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a food processor, combine cereal, both types of bouillon, chili powder and pepper. Process until it is fine 'meal'. Alternatively, crush the cereal with a rolling pin or other means. Be sure it is exceptionally fine. Place in a small, flat container.
3. In another small, flat container, whisk together the oil and egg whites.
4. Cut chicken into strips and dip into egg-oil mixture. Then dredge in cereal meal, coating each strip well.
5. Place each strip on the cookie sheet and coat tops of strips with vegetable oil spray.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serve
285 calories, carbohydrates 24g, Protein 38g, Fat 7g